One day trip to the most famous specially protected lake coast - the Baikal Biospheric Reserve (Tankhoy village) with a certified guide. There are two transfer options: a comfortable minivan or a train with comfortable seats.
- 4600 rubles by minivan per person;
- 5300 rubles by train per person;
10 - 12 hours;
The program includes visiting the centre " BAYKAL ZAPOVEDNYY " situated on the shore of the Siberian sea. You will enjoy the majesty and beauty of the lake breathing in the energy of the picturesque shore in good weather or enjoy it from the inside of the visit-centre building - panoramic windows allow to observe the Baikal landscape in any weather.
Two years ago the President of Russia Vladimir Putin held a conference on Baikal conservation here. He also freed an omul shoal into open water contributing to maintening one of the symbols of Baikal fauna.
- see the real Barguzin sable;
- control Baikal from the centre;
- learn what a village on Baikal shore has in common with Great Britain, China, France, Japan and… the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg;
- have a look at rare bird species nests;
- take a photo with a family of Baikal seals;
- learn how many hundred kilometres can a wounded bear walk, why baby seal is not to be touched and how many ermines are needed for a royal robe;
- take a walk into taiga full of centuries-old cedars;
- see bear footsteps, meet cute chipmunk, feed birds right with your hands;
- taste rich flavoured tea cooked on a fire with herbs and berries
And you will feel revived after the trip…
Things to take with you:
Please wear comfortable clothes and non-slippery heelless shoes. We would advise wearing multilayer clothes so that you feel warm and comfortable indoors and outdoors (don't forget the coat and headwear that suit the season). You may also need your camera and sunglasses.